Home Forums Giocosamente Playfulness To How! Performance Intervention at Giocosamente Festival

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Katherine Smith
      Participant

Do you know how to make a jam sandwich? Walk down the street? Touch your toes?

This time, you’re being asked to do these things in a ‘To How’ way! What’s a ‘To How’ way? It’s a way of focusing on the process of the instruction rather than its result.

There will be 5 ‘To How’ prompts that pop up throughout the festival here on the festival forum as well as in other unexpected places. Participants are invited to make and post ‘To How’ videos – MAXIMUM TWENTY SECONDS – to demonstrate their ‘To How’ methods.

This might look like you carrying out the instruction as normal but with a strong focus on the process. It might look totally different. It might look serious, it might look funny. Whatever it looks like, the important thing is a focus on the doing.

For a video introduction to ‘To How’ see the ‘To How’ post on the Giocosamente whiteboard (https://padlet.com/giocosamentefestival/Bookmarks); the instagram (@to__how) or https://katherinesmithart.co.uk/participatory-work/.

Post your To How posts on the whiteboard or send to me at katherine.smith@gmail.com and I can post them for you. You can also message them to me on instagram (@katherinesmithart or @to__how).

Katherine Smith
      Participant

To How Prompt 1: To How Say Hello!

Katherine Smith
      Participant

To How Prompt 2: To How Make a Cup of Tea!

Katherine Smith
      Participant

To How Prompt 3: To How Walk Down the Street!

Katherine Smith
      Participant

Due to some bike troubles (!) I am going to leave it at 3 prompts for now… I am going to amalgamate all the videos that have been posted into longer To How videos for each prompt and these will be posted after the festival on the ‘to__how’ Instagram! Thanks everyone!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.